Date Posted: October 09, 2021
Category: Senior Pastor
Denomination: Missionary Baptist
Closing Date: November 10, 2021
Peek’s Chapel Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Pastor, as our Pastor they will help us in our outreach to the local community with the life transforming message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Peek’s Chapel is rich in family connections and strong community values.
We are one of the oldest African American churches in Rockdale County, a suburb of Atlanta, GA. The date of origin of Peek’s Chapel is 1868. We are seeking a candidate who exemplifies 1 Timothy 3: 1-7.
The Pastor is accountable to the church congregation.
The Pastor shall have in his care the spiritual and moral welfare of the congregation. They shall preach the Gospel, support the doctrine of the Church, administer the ordinances and watch over the membership. The Pastor shall have charge of all services of public worship.
They shall be an ex-officio member of all Boards and Committees of the Church, its auxiliaries and organizations. They shall preside at all meetings of the Church, except where good taste and his own involvement dictate otherwise.
The Pastor must possess an extensive and rigorous foundation in the Word of God. They must be dependable, demonstrate discretion and integrity in all activities and exhibit the character qualities outlined in 1Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:7-9. The Pastor shall be ordained.
The Pastor must demonstrate ability to strengthen and support the youth ministry and other ministries.
Potential Candidate Requirements:
Candidate must be a licensed Baptist Minister, ordained in a Baptist Church.
Education: Preferred Seminary training or bachelor’s degree
Experience: Preferred 3-5 years as a Pastor or Pastor’s Assistant
The responsibilities include but are not limited to preaching, teaching, pastoral counseling, performing weddings, funerals, baptisms, visiting sick and shut-in, planning and guiding the Church to grow and fulfill its purpose as set forth in Matthew 28:18-20.
- A gifted teacher who enables persons to learn and understand deep spiritual truths.
- One that emphasizes discipleship and spiritual growth.
- One with leadership vision and a well-developed vision for the Church’s future growth.
- An effective communicator of well-prepared sermons.
- A skilled counselor available to assist with personal and spiritual problems.
Please submit all resume packets to:
Peek’s Chapel Missionary Baptist Church
Attention: Pastor Search Committee
3185 Old Salem Road
Conyers, GA 30013
Resume Packet should include
- A Letter of Interest
- Copy of Ministerial License
- Certificate of Ordination
- Color photo with complete contact info (copy of driver’s license accepted)
- Three (3) references (Letter from a Pastor, Laymen, and a Non-Relative)
- DVD or video link of sermons and Bible teachings
Final candidates will be required to submit information for a background check. Salary Requirements.
The deadline to apply is November 10, 2021